SHINE Volunteer Recruitment
- When you volunteer for Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Ireland you are ultimately transforming the lives of everyone affected by Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus. Volunteering has been at the core of the SBHI organisation and we need people just like you to ensure this legacy continues!
- With busy lives, it can be hard to find time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering are enormous to you, your family, SBHI, and your community. The right opportunity can help you find friends, work with people with a disability, learn new skills, and even advance your career. Volunteering can also help protect your mental and physical health.
- Volunteering connects you to others
- Unpaid volunteers are often the glue that holds a community or an organisation together.
- Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, especially if you are new to an area.
- Volunteering also gives you the opportunity to practice and develop your social skills, since you are meeting regularly with a group of people with common interests.
- Volunteering can provide a healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction. You are doing good for others and the community, which provides a natural sense of accomplishment. Volunteering combats depression by keeping you in regular contact with others, and by enabling you to show yourself that your are capable of making great things happen as part of a team.